Thursday, November 13, 2014

Go confidently

Recently I was telling someone my plans and it got awkward real fast. This guy was so adamant that I would fail and he really wanted to convince me that my plans were foolish.

How many times has someone poured their negativity into your life like a splash of cold water in your face that you didn't ask for? Its easy to get wrapped up in another person's opinion of you but honestly, its a waste of time.

I wear my positivity armour on my sleeve and very simply told him that I'm too awesome to succumb to fear. He replied by saying, ok "But, I'm realistic". Yeesh. When did people get so negative about EVERYTHING? Is it impossible to have a little hope without someone feeling they need to squash it to pieces?

I was upset about this guy for a whole five minutes. My thoughts were "Listen guy, who the hell are you to tell me I can't do something?" I wanted to shout, "You don't know me!! You don't know what I been through!" But, I didn't. One of the most important things that I've learned is that people will think whatever they want to about you, what you're capable of and about themselves. I imagine that this guy doesn't have much faith in his own plans, and therefore needs to tell me how my life plans will pan out.

But, no one knows what you can do, but you. Let's try to support each each more in life, rather than give way to negative thoughts and fears.  Every day we can grow and do our best to be strong in our personal goals and convictions. Today I came across a great website www.marcandangel.com and an article about being Emotionally strong . Please check it out. We all need a little encouragement to keep on dreamin on...

All in all, dear friends- Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! I dare you ;)

Til next time,
Dobs

No comments:

Post a Comment