Thursday, January 27, 2011

Trying to articulate

I've found that being a performer isn't just about the talent. That's a given for most. You have to know how to properly articulate your objectives, movements and motives. But also as a producer or director it's important to know why you are doing what you are and keeping it as specific as possible.

Last weekend, I started videotaping for my promotional video for 'Oleanna' on Kickstarter. I know exactly how I feel about the piece and what I want to say but sometimes it just doesn't come out right. I'll have to do some more recording...

People will question your every motive in life today & forever but I'm finding out that if you can articulate properly what you have to say now it can do a great service to your mental intelligence and your artistic integrity. Even if ten years from now you are wondering why you said it in the first place.

Sooooo.....
"If you've got something to say, say it- and think well of yourself while you're learning to say it better"- David Mamet

No comments:

Post a Comment