Monday, November 15, 2010

First Film Done. What's NEXT?

Hello folks, it's been awhile I know.
You'll be glad to know that I've been really busy.
Just last Saturday I finished filming my first film- I wasn't the "STAR" but that's all in due time. I had a small role in a Nollywood film and for those of you that don't know Nollywood is a booming film industry in Nigeria. The film's name is "UNWANTED GUEST" Directed by Daniel Ademinokan.
Here's an imdb link for him if you'd like to look him up: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2859554/
My character's name was Meggie and I am wearing a wig in the film so if you look out for me and don't recognize me at first- that's why :).
I only shot for two days in the whole week that they were shooting but I had a lot of fun and the cast was great. Hopefully I can work with them again sometime.
I did realize after working on this film that I need to seriously get a manager/agent or just be better prepared when I do get roles to under the process/ contracts etc...It's all a learning process I suppose. And this is only the beginning.
So what's next for me?
Well, I have two auditions this week. The first one is on Wednesday for 'Julius Cesar' and Sunday I have another one for a Shakespeare festival...I think lol...my mind is a blur from trying to memorize a new monologue after filming. Man, Shakespeare is tough!
Anyway, hopefully I'll book some more work soon. Til then keep me in your prayers guys!

Much Love,
Dobs xoxo

p.s. I'm also gearing up for a photo shoot this upcoming Saturday with a new photographer that I've never worked with before and a very interesting concept. Look out for pics and updates soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment